We can design, set up and execute ground investigations, using the most cost effective techniques for the anticipated conditions, or we can provide qualified and competent supervising engineering geologists/ geoenvironmental consultants and factual data for your project.
We work on sites of all sizes across the UK.
No site is too difficult, we can undertake investigations on sites with restricted access, low headroom/ basements or difficult ground conditions. We employ a range of non-intrusive and intrusive techniques to develop an understanding of the ground conditions beneath your site, including;
- Machine excavated trial pits
- Hand-dug excavations/ foundation exposures and hand augering
- Drilling including window sampling, cable percussive, rotary and sonic
- Logging of soil and rock to BS5930/ Eurocode 7
- Soakage testing (BRE365)/ foul and surface water percolation testing
- Double ring infiltrometer testing for sports pitches and permeable paving
- In situ testing including CBR (dynamic cone penetrometer, Clegg Soil Impact, landrover mounted in situ CBR), plate load testing, Mackintosh probe
- Monitoring of vapours, ground gas, water and leachate
- Geoenvironmental and geotechnical testing of water, soil and rock materials
- Topographical and utility surveys
- Geophysical surveys